Wirsh ICM-1232 portable ice maker can produce up to 26 pounds of ice cubes in a day – just as much as most portable ice makers. The question is – should Wirsh ICM-1232 be the one you should buy?
Wirsh ICM-1232 makes a batch of 9 bullet shaped ice cubes every 7 to 11 minutes (depending on air and water temperatures). Ice cube quality is decent but they do come out a bit wet. That might be a slight problem since ice basket isn’t refrigerated so if you decide to store ice cubes for later use you will have to put them in freezer and because of wetness they will freeze together into a clump. It’s not hard to break them apart with an ice pick but it’s an unnecessary inconvenience.
Before you can start using your Wirsh ICM-1232 ice maker you will have to let it sit upright for at least 6 hours to allow fluids to settle in.
Wirsh ICM-1232 control panel features 2 buttons and 3 indicator lights:
- “On/Off” button: Turns ice maker on or off.
- “Clean” button: triggers self-cleaning mode
- “Ice full” indicator: indicates that is basket is full and ice production if paused until you take out the ice cubes.
- “Add water” indicator: indicates that water reservoir is empty and ice production if paused until you add more water.
- “Ice making” indicator: indicates that ice maker is making ice
Wirsh ICM-1232 has self-cleaning mode and sensors that detect when water reservoir is empty or ice basket full but we kinda mentioned it already. Water tank capacity is 1.6 quarts and ice basket can hold up to 1.5 pounds of ice cubes.
Wirsh ICM-1232 ice machine has transparent lid so you can see contents of ice basket without opening the lid. Wirsh ICM-1232 is also ETL certified meaning it meets nationally recognized safety standards.
Dimensions and weight
Wirsh ICM-1232 measures 8.1 by 12 by 11.5 inches. It weighs 16.06 pounds.
Wirsh ICM-1232 is a decent ice maker but it’s not significantly different than other portable/countertop ice makers. If you are looking for an ice maker you might also want to read our Best Portable/Countertop Ice Makers article!
Wirsh ICM-1232 Specifications:
- Type: Freestanding / Portable / Countertop
- Voltage/Frequency: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 120W
- Ice output: up to 26 lbs per 24 hours
- Ice cubes per batch: 9
- Ice cube size options: 1
- Ice cube shape: Bullet with hollow middle
- Water reservoir capacity: 1.6 quarts
- Ice basket capacity: up to 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 8.1” x 12” x 11.5”
- Weight: 16.06 lbs
- Package contents:
- 1 x Wirsh ICM-1232 Ice maker with Ice basket and scoop