Whynter BWR-281DZ is a dual zone wine refrigerator that can hold up to 28 bottles of wine according to manufacturer however manufacturer claims doesn’t always match reality. However Whynter BWR-281DZ really does fit 28 750ml bottles.
It can be installed as freestanding or built-in appliance.
It has dual temperature zones which is good if you store different types of wine. Upper zone can work in range from 41°F to 50°F whereas lower zone – from 50°F to 72°F. You can fit 10 bottles in the upper zone and 18 in the lower one.
Both zones do a good job of keeping set temperature consistent so Whynter BWR-281DZ performs its duty without any complaints.
Control panel is simple to operate. There are only two displays that indicate temperature in each zone as well 6 buttons:
- Power button: Turns on/off the unit when you hold it for 5 seconds. Simply pressing it without holding disables audio alarm.
- Up button: Increases temperature by 1°C or 1ºF increments. Each zone has their own button so there is total of 2 such buttons.
- Down button: Decreases temperature by 1°C or 1ºF increments. Each zone has their own button so there is total of 2 such buttons.
- Light button: Turns LED light on/off inside the chamber
To switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales simply hold “Light” button for 5 seconds.
It’s does make a bit of noise but it isn’t something you would describe as loud.
In person unit looks very sleek and stylish. Stainless finish makes it look expensive too. Only complaint aesthetics wise is that front ventilator that’s located at the bottom of the unit kinda stands out and does ruin overall look a bit – but that’s completely subjective and some might actually like the way it looks.
It has tempered double pane gray-smoked glass that protects wine from UV as well features open-door and malfunction warning system with audible warnings.
Each zone has their own LED light which illuminates chamber in a really fancy way. Slide out wood trimmed metal shelves are pretty cool too!
Whynter BWR-281DZ also features temperature memory and even Sabbath mode.
Some consumers have complained about reliability issues after 1-3 years of use so long-term reliability might be a problem.
Whynter BWR-281DZ isn’t the king of wine refrigerators but for the price it’s an amazing unit – when it’s brand new at least as some consumers have complained about it developing issues after 1-3 years of use which is slightly concerning.
Whynter BWR-281DZ Dual Zone Built-In Wine Refrigerator (28-Bottle) Specs:
- Installation Type: Freestanding or Built-in
- Zone type: Dual
- Capacity: up to 28 bottles
- Upper zones: 10 bottles
- Lower zone: 18 bottles
- Temperature cooling range:
- Upper zone: 41°F to 50°
- Lower zone: 50°F to 72°F
- Refrigerant: R600a
- Dimensions (without handle): 22.5” x 15” x 34.5” (L x W x H)
- Dimensions (with handle): 24.75” x 15” x 34.5” (L x W x H)
- Net weight: 77 lbs
- Gross weight: 82 lbs
- UPC: 850956003118