Whynter BWR-1002SD is a compressor cooled wine cooler with R600a refrigerant with chamber temperature adjustable from 40°F to 65°F (5°C to 18°C).
According to manufacturer claims BWR-1002SD can hold 100 bottles of wine but this is only partially true. You can indeed fit 100 standard sized Bordeaux bottles inside if you place them in a specific way however bottles that are thicker will decrease capacity and might even require you to remove shelves in between as space between them is rather shallow.
Whynter BWR-1002SD performs well but it’s not perfect. Temperatures are constant and accurate but aren’t distributed perfectly even across the chamber. The top of the chamber can be 2 degrees warmer than the very bottom with the middle being the temperature you actually set. The differences in temperature distribution are rather small so they don’t affect flavor of wine (at least most won’t notice a difference) and shouldn’t be considered a significant flaw.
For optimal performance Whynter BWR-1002SD should be used in ambient (air) temperatures ranging from 60°F to 90°F (16°C to 32°C).
Control panel features LCD display that shows chosen temperature setting as well 4 buttons:
- “Power” button: Hold for 5 second to turn wine cooler on or off.
- “Up” button: Press to increase temperature in 1 degree increments.
- “Down” button: Press to decrease temperature in 1 degree increments.
- “Light” button:
- Press to turn interior light on or off.
- Hold for 5 seconds to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales.
Whynter BWR-1002SD is equipped with Activated carbon filter which ensures optimal air quality inside the chamber. Glass door is tempered double-pane gray-smoked for UV protection. The door can be locked and wine cooler comes with 2 keys.
You can install a display shelf which will showcase 6 bottles at an incline for labels to be easily seen but it decreases overall capacity by 10 bottles.
Whynter BWR-1002SD wine cooler is ETL Listed meaning it complies with safety standards.
Weight and size
Whynter BWR-1002SD wine cooler weighs 159 pounds and measures 23.5 inches wide by 22.5 inches deep (24.75 inches including handle) by 55 inches tall.
Whynter BWR-1002SD has some flaws but considering it’s effectiveness, functionality and capacity it undoubtedly offers good value for money.
Whynter BWR-1002SD 100-Bottle Capacity Wine Cooler Specifications:
- Voltage/Frequency: 115V / 60Hz
- Input supply: 120W
- Current: 2.0 Amp
- Refrigerant: R600a
- Power consumption: 0.9 kWh/24 hours
- Temperature zones: 1
- Temperature range: 40°F to 65°F (5°C to 18°C)
- Installation type: Freestanding or Built-in
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- Without handle: 23.5’’ x 22.5’’ x 55’’
- With handle: 23.5’’ x 24.75’’ x 55’’
- Shipping package: 26’’ x 24.5’’ x 58’’
- Net: 159 lb / 72.1 kg
- Gross: 170 lb / 77.1 kg