RUGGED & DAPPER Age Defense Eye Complex is an eye cream for men that promises to decrease visible eye fatigue, tightens and firms skin, alleviates under-eye bags and hydrates.
Beauty products work differently on everyone but let’s explore what you can generally expect if you use RUGGED & DAPPER Age Defense Eye Complex.
This product usually produces slight improvements but don’t expert big changes. If you take high quality before and after pictures you will notice some subtle differences in about a month or two, however the improvements are typically very slight and can be hard to notice.
If you have sensitive skin then be warned that this product might irritate it.
RUGGED & DAPPER Age Defense Eye Complex is made of following ingredients:
- Aqua water: Moisturizes skin.
- Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract: Hydrates and soothes skin, can also be helpful for mild burns. It’s however not well studied so not a lot is known about it.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide: Supports collagen production and improves skin cell health which might improve the appearance of the skin.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: Supports collagen production and improves skin cell health.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-5: Supports collagen production and improves skin cell health.
- Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract (PLANT STEM CELLS): Improves skins ability to regenerate and fight against pro-aging agents. Protects skin stem cells and stimulates sirtuin-1. Some studies show that it can reduce micro-inflammation and redness of the skin.
- Jojoba oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil): Has moisturizing and antibacterial effect. It’s also an antioxidant, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. It helps to control sebum production. Some research shows that it promotes collagen synthesis, helps wounds to heal, minimizes appearance of scars, reduces visible wrinkles as well might help acne and skin drying conditions like eczema.
- Organic argan oil (Argania Spinosa): Has anti-aging effects, protects from sun rays, moisturizes skin, treats acne, heals skin infections, improves wound healing, prevents/reduces stretch marks.
- Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate): Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (BOTANICAL HYALURONIC ACID): moisturizes skins cells, fills in wrinkles and fine lines (reduction of wrinkles).
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (ORGANIC GREEN TEA): Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Fucus spp. / vesiculosus Extract (BLADDER WRACK): Has water-binding and anti-aging properties that reduces skin thickness (which increases with age) and improves elasticity (which decreases with age). Has antioxidants that have shown to improve collagen synthesis in the skin.
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract (GINKGO): Soothes and moisturizes skin. Has anti-aging and antioxidant properties.
- Cucumis Sativis Water (HYDROSOL): Can have moisturizing, toning and soothing effects on skin.
- Euphrasia Officinalis Extract (EYEBRIGHT): Decreases under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Contains flavonoids, tannins and iridoid glycosides that reduces inflammation and mucous drainage.
- Centella Asiatica Extract (ORGANIC GOTU KOLA): Contains amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids and phytochemicals that reduce inflammation as well improve collagen production, new cell growth, wound healing and blood circulation.
- Vinca Major Extract (ORGANIC PERIWINKLE): Has astringent and soothing properties.
- Ganoderma Lucidum Extract (ORGANIC REISHI): Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Contains beta-glucans that atrract water to your skin helping it stay deeply hydrated.
- Boswellia Serrata Oil (FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL): Has skin soothing and calming properties. Reduces inflammation. Improves skin elasticity and reduces wrinkle depth.
- Sodium Lactate: keeps skin hydrated and helps removing dead skin cells as well stabilizes skin’s pH.
- Arginine: Amino acid that has antioxidant properties (antioxidants fight free radical damage which is one of the skin aging causes), attracts moisture from the air into your skin and boost collagen production that keeps skin firm.
- Aspartic Acid: Amino acid that improves skins natural defense system which can help it combat aging from environmental damage. Can provide anti-wrinkle and skin lifting benefits.
- Glycine: Amino acid that improves moisture retention and collagen production as well promotes skin repair and regeneration.
- Proline: Amino acid (building block for protein) that can assist in creation of healthy cells and tissues resulting in firmer skin and reduced sagging, wrinkles and other aging related visual manifestations.
- Threonine: Amino acid that provides skin hydration (making it softer and smoother) and might help with anti-ageing protection
- Alanine: Amino acid that improves skin hydration by balancing moisture levels.
- Serine: Amino acid with antioxidant properties that increases skin moisture.
- Valine: Amino acid that might improve skin strength.
- Isoleucine: Amino acid that moisturizes skin and might works as barrier repair ingredient.
- Phenylalanine: Amino acid that might remove dark spots on the skin and help skin to return to its natural shade/color (due to reducing melanin production in the skin).
- Histidine: Amino acid that hydrates the skin and might soothe it.
- Equisetum Arvense Extract (HORSETAIL): Contains collagen (protein that keeps skin young and wrinkle-free) and has astringent (tightens pores), antibacterial (can help healing rashes, burns and wounds), antimicrobial (can help healing rashes, burns and wounds) and anti-inflammatory (helps with acne and irritation) properties.
- Taraxacum Officinale Extract (DANDELION): Contains vitamins A, C and E (antioxidants that protect skin and boost collagen production) as well magnesium and zinc (has anti-inflammatory properties and detoxifies skin). In some studies it also has showed to protect skin cells from human dermal fibroblast induced cell death which basically means it reduces photoaging of the skin. It also provides some protection from ultraviolet light.
- Geranium Maculatum Extract (WILD GERANIUM): Maintain optimal sebum levels to prevent skin from being too oily or dry and has natural astringent properties that reduce wrinkles as well tone and firm the skin. It also has anti-inflammation and antibacterial properties
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract (ORGANIC LICORICE): Has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties and may provide relief for eczema. It also protects from UV rays. Some studies have shown that Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract reduces melanin which in turn has skin lightening effect.
- Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM): Some research shows that Dimethyl Sulfone might reduce wrinkles and fights against skin aging.
- Carrageenan Gum: Has thickening, emulsifying and moisturizing properties. It’s mostly used for making other ingredients mix together better and making product easier to apply.
- Sodium PCA: Replentishes amount of Sodium PCA in your skin which decreases with age. Absorbs moisture from air and allows skin to absorb it. Creates protective barrier. Can reduce eczema symptoms and reduce inflammation.
- Sodium Benzoate: Mostly used as preservative in products. It can irritate skin in some cases.
- Potassium Sorbate: Mostly used as preservative, in rare cases can cause skin rash or irritation.
- Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose: Improves texture of the product and makes it easier to apply.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.
In most cases RUGGED & DAPPER Age Defense Eye Complex does provide some improvement over the course of one to few months but despite all the good ingredients the improvements are usually meager and can be hard to notice.