NutriChef PICEM62 is a countertop ice maker that can make up to 33 lbs of ice cubes in 24 hours.
NutriChef PICEM62 makes 9 bullet shaped ice cubes every 6-13 minutes. It can make ice cubes in 3 different sizes: small, medium and large.
Ice cube quality is decent but they do come out a bit wet. The main disadvantage of this is that if you put them in freezer they will freeze together into a clump. It’s not hard to break apart them especially if you have ice pick but it’s still a slight inconvenience. And you will have to put them in freezer if you want to save them for later use because ice basket is not refrigerated so made ice cubes will slowly melt if left inside the ice maker. Water from melted ice cubes goes back into water reservoir.
Control panel of NutriChef PICEM62 features LCD dispaly that displays multitude of information and 4 buttons:
- “Snowflake” button – press it to start making ice, if there’s flashing snowflake icon displayed on LCD display it means ice maker ice making ice cubes
- “Set” button: used for configuring time setting. You can either set time when ice maker should start making ice cubes or the opposite – when it should stop.
- “Triangle” button: used for setting time value when you use timer function.
- “Select” button: used for selecting ice cube size – small, medium or large.
NutriChef PICEM62 has sensors that detect when ice basket is full or water reservoir empty. If either is the case it will start beeping (which is a bit loud and can be annoying. Worst part is that you can’t turn off the beeping function) and will display warning on its LCD display. Water reservoir capacity is 1.7 liters (57 oz) whereas ice basket can hold up to 1.76 lbs of ice cubes (800 grams).
Housing is made of stainless steel which is nice but doesn’t change the fact that this is far from being the best looking ice maker.
NutriChef PICEM62 comes with ice scoop but pretty much all countertop ice makers do!
Some consumers have complained that their NutriChef PICEM62 stopped working after 7-12 months of use so it might not be the most reliable unit. Then again others reported that their PICEM62 has kept working for years.
Dimensions and weight
NutriChef PICEM62 weighs 25.35 lbs (11.5 kg) and measures 9.8 inches wide, 12.9 inches deep and 14.2 inches high.
NutriChef PICEM62 is a decent ice maker but it doesn’t offer best value for money. Some of the best ice makers of similar pricing are (some are slightly less expensive than NutriChef others slightly more):
If you are looking for an ice maker you might be interested in our Best Portable/Countertop Ice Makers article!
NutriChef PICEM62 Ice Maker Specs:
- Type: Freestanding / Portable / Countertop
- Voltage: 120V
- Ice output: up to 33 lbs per 24 hours
- Ice cubes per batch: 9
- Ice cube size options: 3
- Ice cube shape: Bullet
- Water reservoir capacity: 57 oz / 1.7 liters
- Weight: 25.35 lbs / 11.5 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 9.8″ x 12.9″ x 14.2” / 24.9 cm x 32.7 cm x 36 cm