No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION is an eye cream that promises to reduce appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. It contains shea butter, hyaluronic cid, ginseng extract, various antioxidants, Vitamins A, C and E as well other ingredients. But does it really work?
Everyone’s skin is different so any product affects different people differently but with that being said we can explore how effective No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION eye cream generally is.
Most consumers really do notice some reduction in visible wrinkles, lines and crows feet. The changes usually aren’t drastic but there are some in most cases after using No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION eye cream for 2-4 weeks.
No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION eye cream has clean scent and is easy to apply. It absorbs quite fast as well.
It must be mentioned that some consumers have reported seeing no visual differences after using this product however this will be the case with any other product as well.
No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION eye cream contains following ingredients:
- Aqua (Water)
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometiems also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: Improves texture of the product, helps infusing other ingredients into skin and reduces moisture loss.
- Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter: Forms protective barrier on skin that helps retain moisture. Also is used as skin conditioning and viscosity increasing agent.
- Cyclohexasiloxane: Soothes and softens skin by preventing moisture loss.
- Butylene glycol: Mostly used for improving consistency of the product (makes it smooth and thick) to make it easier to apply. It also has some moisturizing properties. Butylene Glycol is a type of alcohol which is something some like to avoid in their skin care products but Butylene Glycol is also generally conceived as the good type of alcohol for skin care purposes due to its moisturizing abilities.
- Cetearyl alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Alcohol denat (denatured alcohol): Has formulation benefits and can improve penetration of other ingredients into skin. It can also have negative influence as well – it can have drying and sensitising effect on skin.
- Polyacrylamide: Mostly used as a binder, film former and thickener. It can break down into acrylamide which might increase chance of developing cancer which is why in the European Union there can be only limited amount of it in skin care products whereas in US there aren’t any limitations.
- Glyceryl stearate: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- Stearic acid: Emulsifier, emollient and lubricant that can also soften skin.
- Palmitic acid: Can soften skin and reduce moisture loss.
- PEG-100 stearate: Emollient that reduces moisture loss by creating fatty layer on skin’s surface which in effect can give skin softer feel. Also improves texture of the product and has surfacant properties.
- Phenoxyethanol: Makes product last longer by preventing microbial growth and stabilizing the product. It can irritate skin in some cases.
- Boron nitride: Slip modifier that makes product easier to apply.
- C13-14 isoparaffin:
- Methylparaben: Softens and soothes skin.
- Pentylene glycol: stabilize and thickens products improving texture and making it easier to apply. Might improve penetration of other ingredients into skin.
- Ascorbyl glucoside: Stable version of Vitamin C and an antioxidant that improves collagen synthesis and reduces visible wrinkles. Might have skin-lightening/pigmentation reducing effect too.
- Propylene glycol: Works as a humectant and a conditioner. Can help skin with hydration and smoothness.
- Laureth-7: Emulsifier and surfactant.
- Tocopheryl acetate: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Ethylparaben: Stabilizes product and reduces microbial growth (increases longevity of the product).
- Hibiscus abelmoschus seed extract: Reduces degradation of and maintains FGF-2 (basic fibroblast growth factor – a growth factor and signaling protein responsible for many biological processes including cell growth, morphogenesis, tissue repair and others) to reduce visible wrinkles and other aging related visual effects.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract: Improves skin moisture, skin microrelief and protection against free radicals.
- Retinyl palmitate: powerful antioxidant that boosts growth of new skin cells (can reduce visible wrinkles). It can also have moisturising and skin tightening effects.
- Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid: Makes skin plump and elastic by helping it retain water.
- Tetrasodium EDTA: Has preservative and foaming properties.
- Sorbitan laurate: Used as cleansing agent and emulsifier.
- Polysorbate 20: Improves texture of product to make it easier to apply.
- Potassium hydroxide: Stabilizes pH levels in product.
- Panax ginseng root extract: Improve skin hydration, reduces rough texture of skin, improves firmness of skin resulting in reduction of wrinkles.
- 3-Aminopropane sulfonic acid: Might reduce wrinkles and facial sagging.
- Calcium hydroxymethionine: Has skin conditioning properties.
- Carbomer: Stabilizes and thickens product.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose: Improves texture and feel of the product.
- Dimethylmethoxy chromanol: Antioxidant.
- Xanthan gum: Used as emulsion/binder stabilizer, viscous controlling agent and film-forming agent.
- Acetyl dipeptide-1 cetyl ester: Soothes skin by making skin nerve cells release met-enkephalin.
- Morus alba leaf extract: Has antioxidant, inflammation reducing and skin brightening properties.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.
- Tocopherol: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-1: Smoothes fine line and boosts collagen production.
- Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7: Supports collagen production and improves skin cell health.
Overall No7 Restore & Renew MULTI ACTION seems to be a decent eye cream however it does contain some potentially harmful ingredients like alcohol denat and polyacrylamide.