Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream promises to effectively hydrate and smooth under-eyes but does it work?
For most Mario Badescu Hyaluronic eye cream works as a simple moisturizer however some have noticed other benefits like reduction of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. It’s very easy to apply and keeps your eye area moisturized for almost a whole day. Consistency is not very thick which can be either a good or a bad thing.
It must be noted some consumers have had adverse reaction to this product causing rash around applied area but this won’t be the case for most.
Mario Badescu Hyaluronic eye cream contains following ingredients:
- Aqua (Water, Eau): Moisturizes skin.
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometimes also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil, Huile Minérale): Emollient that helps to form a protective barrier on skin. Has been used in skin care for 100+ years.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Olus (Vegetable Oil, Huile Végétale): Makes skin softer and smoother.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Hydrates and soothes skin, can also be helpful for mild burns. It’s however not well studied so not a lot is known about it.
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil: Gives skin soft and smooth appearance. Might have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and pain-relieving properties.
- Petrolatum: Creates water-repellant film on skin that reduces moisture escape from skin.
- Ceteareth-20: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Tocopherol: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Makes skin plump and elastic by helping it retain water.
- Euphrasia Officinalis Extract: Decreases under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Contains flavonoids, tannins and iridoid glycosides that reduces inflammation and mucous drainage.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Attracts moisture to skins cells.
- Propylene Glycol: Works as a humectant and a conditioner. Can help skin with hydration and smoothness.
- Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer: Provides skin moisturizing ingredients and makes product thicker.
- PVM/MA Copolymer: Has emulsion stabilising, film forming, viscosity controlling, antistatic and binding properties.
- Polyquaternium-24: Has film forming and antistatic properties.
- Sodium Chloride: Mostly used as thickening and binding agent.
- Diazolidinyl Urea: antimicrobial preservative that prevents the growth of bacteria and makes product last longer.
- Propylparaben: Preservative that extends shelf life of the product.
- Methylparaben: Softens and soothes skin.
- CI 19140 (Yellow 5): Colorant.
- CI 15985 (Yellow 6): Colorant.
Most consumers only noticed hydrating benefits when using Mario Badescu Hyaluronic eye cream but some have reported decrease of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines too. Some have had negative reaction to it. Is it worth to try? It’s up to you to decide!