L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal cream promises to reduce dark circles, puffiness, under-eye bags, crow’s feet wrinkles and eyelid crepiness, but does it really work?
L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal cream really does work! Almost all consumers noticed improvements in reduction of dark circles, puffiness, under-eye bags, crow’s feet wrinkles and eyelid crepiness within 2-8 weeks of using this product.
With that being said some have reported noticing no results but they are a small minority. Everyone’s skin is different so results vary from person to person. Product “a”’ might work great for Jennifer and do nothing for Elizabeth, whereas product “b” might do nothing for Jennifer but do wonders for Elizabeth. The most important thing is that L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal cream works on a lot more people than eye creams usually do making it a great product.
Another surprising thing is that none of the consumers mentioned any adverse reaction to the product like irritation or developing rash.
The only flaw of this product seems to be the pump which doesn’t want to pump when there’s little amount of product left inside the bottle or even breaks in rare cases.
L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal cream contains following ingredients:
- Water: Moisturizes skin.
- Cyclohexasiloxane: Soothes and softens skin by preventing moisture loss.
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometimes also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Alcohol Denat: Has formulation benefits and can improve penetration of other ingredients into skin. It can also have negative influence as well – it can have drying and sensitising effect on skin.
- Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil): Emollient that helps to form a protective barrier on skin. Has been used in skin care for 100+ years.
- Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil): Has antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic properties as well reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin’s tone.
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter): Forms protective barrier on skin that helps retain moisture. Also is used as skin conditioning and viscosity increasing agent.
- Dimethicone: Has skin-smoothing benefits and moisturizing properties.
- Stearic Acid: Emulsifier, emollient and lubricant that can also soften skin.
- Palmitic Acid: Can soften skin and reduce moisture loss.
- PEG-100 Stearate: Emollient that reduces moisture loss by creating fatty layer on skin’s surface which in effect can give skin softer feel. Also improves texture of the product and has surfacant properties.
- Cera Alba (Beeswax): Humectant that reduces dryness and contains Vitamin A that improves hydration and shedding of dead skin cells.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Silica: Might boost collagen production and infuse skin with elastin slowing down and even reducing visible signs of ageing (like fine lines, wrinkles, etc.) as well improving elasticity of skin, hydration and texture.
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil: Emollient with antioxidant and regenerative properties.
- Tin Oxide:
- C13-14 Isoparaffin: Emollient and thickening agent.
- PEG-20 Stearate: Has emulsifying, humectant and surfactant properties.
- Triethanolamine: Adjusts pH levels of the product and also has surfactant, stabilizing and thickening properties.
- Dimethiconol: Has moisturizing, emollient and anti-foaming properties.
- Caffeine: Can reduce visible signs of aging by constricting blood vessels, reducing puffiness as well tightening skin (reduces wrinkles) and making it more bright. It also can reduce inflammation.
- Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate: Cleansing agent with surfactant properties.
- Vigna Aconitifolia Seed Extract: Can improve collagen production and boost cell renewal reducing visible aging signs like reduction of wrinkles and fine lines as well other benefits.
- Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide (Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate): Viscosity increasing (thickening) agent and (oil in water) emulsion stabilizer.
- Disodium EDTA: Prevents product from deteriorating. In some countries it is banned due to potential to be harmful in excessive amounts however due to its low amount in skin products it’s deemed to be generally safe by The Cosmetic Database.
- Propylene Glycol: Works as a humectant and a conditioner. Can help skin with hydration and smoothness.
- Hydrolyzed Cicer Seed Extract: Claimed to have energizing effect as well other benefits like reinforcing bioenergetic potential of the skin, stimulating adenosine triphosphate neo-synthesis, improving ATP regeneration, boosting dermal cell metabolism and cell renewal as well improving skin tone. Not many studies have been done on this ingredient so actual benefits and effectiveness is under question.
- Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol: Boosts production of skin-building blocks improving skin’s hydration and making it firmer.
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid: Exfoliant with skin soothing benefits.
- Laureth-7: Emulsifier and surfactant.
- Lauroyl Lysine: Has skin-softening and viscosity controlling properties.
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite: Bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic Acid: Makes skin’s tone lighter.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate: Absorbs UVB radiation/rays.
- Polyacrylamide: Mostly used as a binder, film former and thickener. It can break down into acrylamide which might increase chance of developing cancer which is why in the European Union there can be only limited amount of it in skin care products whereas in US there aren’t any limitations.
- Polymethyl Methacrylate: Used as a filler for wrinkles and fine lines (reduces their visibility).
- Polyurethane-2: Film forming properties.
- Octyldodecanol: Creates protective layer on skin that reduces moisture loss and makes skin softer as well smoother in appearance.
- Retinyl Palmitate: Powerful antioxidant that boosts growth of new skin cells (can reduce visible wrinkles). It can also have moisturising and skin tightening effects.
- Tocopherol: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Phenoxyethanol: Makes product last longer by preventing microbial growth and stabilizing the product. It can irritate skin in some cases.
- Red 40 (Ci 16035): Colorant.
- Yellow 5 (Ci 19140): Colorant.
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891): Colorant.
- Sodium Dehydroacetate: Preservative.
Products from big name brands doesn’t always work well but in this case they do. L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal is a great eye cream that’s definitely worth to try!