KUPPET Ice Maker is capable of producing up to 26 pounds of ice cube in 24 hours (or about 1.1 lbs per hour). It makes a batch of 9 cylinder shaped ice cubes every 6 to 13 minutes (time per batch depends on many variables like ice cube size setting, ambient (air) temperature, how long has the unit has been running for (first few batches might take longer to make and might produce lower quality ice cubes due to the unit needing to cool down etc.)).
Ice cube quality is average. They come out a bit wet and pretty soft. There are two ice cube size settings: small and large, however both of them end up producing ice cubes that are pretty small and the difference between them is very small.
Ice basket isn’t refrigerated meaning that ice cubes will eventually melt if left inside the ice maker. You don’t have to take them out immediately but be aware that eventually they will have melted.
Unit is very simple to use. Just add water, plug it in and press “on/off” button to turn the ice maker on and it will start making ice and will keep doing so until:
- You turn it off.
- It runs out of water.
- Ice basket becomes full of ice cubes.
Control panel of KUPPET ice machine is simple and intuitive. There are only two buttons: for turning the unit on or off and for choosing ice cube size. It also has 5 indicator lights:
- “Add water” – indicates that you need to add water in water reservoir to resume ice cube production.
- “Ice full” – indicates that ice basket is full. Remove ice cubes to resume production.
- “Power” – indicates that the unit is turned on.
- “S” – indicates that small ice cube size has been set.
- “L” – indicates that large ice cube size has been set.
KUPPET ice maker isn’t a feature rich unit so there’s not much to say about it. It’s made of food-grade materials and the housing is made of ABS. KUPPET ice maker is ETL certified meaning it has been tested by Intertek’s Electrical Testing Labs and meets safety standards.
Capacity of water reservoir is 0.53 gallons and ice basket can hold 1.5 pounds of ice cubes.
It seems that reliability issues with KUPPET ice maker are somewhat common. Although majority of consumer feedback is positive there is still a concerning amount of complaints about the unit breaking after few months of use. However you have to keep in mind that people who have had a negative feedback with a device are more likely to leave feedback and despite that majority of feedback is positive.
KUPPET ice maker is far from perfect but for the price it’s not a bad ice maker – as long as you don’t become one of the unlucky few to experience reliability issues.
KUPPET Portable Countertop Ice Maker Machine Specs/Details:
- Type: Freestanding / Portable / Countertop
- Ice output: up to 26 lbs per 24 hours
- Ice cubes per batch: 9
- Time per batch: 6-13 minutes
- Ice cube size options: 2
- Ice basket capacity: 1.5 lbs / 0.7 kg
- Water reservoir: 0.53 gal. / 2 liters
- Dimensions: 9” x 13” x 12”
- Voltage/Frequency: 115V/60Hz
- Certifications: 8.74” x 12.32” x 12.6”
- Package contents:
- 1 x KUPPET Portable Countertop Ice Maker Machine