Jocuu Electric Gooseneck Kettle Review
Jocuu LPS-1995 is gooseneck type electric kettle with 0.8 liter capacity and 1000 watt heating element (1200 watt version is available too). It’s one of the more affordable electric kettles with temperature control so is it any good?
Jocuu LPS-1995 heats up water reasonably fast, about as fast as most other electric kettles and faster than some of them. Once the water has been heated to the desired temperature the kettle beeps 3 times to let you know the water is ready.
Spout is very small however despite that the flow rate is great and is easy to control.
Temperature control is not as accurate as on higher-end kettles but it’s not too bad. It does heat the water over the selected temperature by ~2 degrees. Keep warm function isn’t perfect either – it allows water to cool down by ~6 degrees before the heating element engages to bring up the water to desired temperature or slightly above it.
Quality is where you can tell why Jocuu LPS-1995 kettle is less expensive than other kettles with similar features. It doesn’t feel as well build. The quality isn’t bad however the kettle is very lightweight making it feel less heavy duty. Materials it’s made of aren’t the sturdiest or most expensive but for the money it’s hard to complain.
The weight distribution feels a bit off and with the shape of the handle Jocuu LPS-1995 is not the most comfortable kettle to hold but it’s not too bad.
All of the controls are located on the base. There’s an LCD display and 6 touch sensitive buttons:
- “Temperature scale” button: Hold to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- “+” button: Increases temperature in 1 degree increments.
- “-” button: Increases temperature in 1 degree increments.
- “Keep Warm” button: Press to keep your water at desired temperature for up to 2 hours (before pressing this button you need to press “Temperature scale” button and then select the temperature).
- “Boil” button: Press to boil water. If you want to warm up water to a specific temperature then press “Temperature scale” button, then select temperature you want your water to be and only then press the boil button.
- “On/Off” button: Turns kettle on or off.
Jocuu LPS-1995 is not the best electric kettle with temperature control however it’s significantly less expensive than most. For the money it’s a pretty good unit despite some of the flaws.
Jocuu Electric Gooseneck Kettle Review Specifications:
- Voltage/Frequency: 120V/60Hz
- Power: 1000W (1200W version available too)
- Temperature range: 113°F to 212°F / 45°C to 100°C
- Capacity: 0.8 liters