Jack Black Protein Booster Eye Rescue is a popular men’s eye cream with main ingredients including Matrixyl®Synthe’6®, natural oat kernel sugars, natural bamboo and pea peptides, caffeine, organic green tea and organic omega-3 fatty acids.
Each product has different results on different people so results vary. What you can generally expect is reduction on fine lines and wrinkles under eyes. Results aren’t dramatic but there are some subtle changes over time. Reduction in puffiness and dark circles is even less noticeable and you might not see any improvements.
- Water (Eau)
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometiems also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Myristyl Myristate: Fatty acid works as a moisturizer and stabilizer (helps all ingredients to be evenly distributed). It also improves texture of the product to make it easier to apply.
- Butylene Glycol: Mostly used for improving consistency of the product (makes it smooth and thick) to make it easier to apply. It also has some moisturizing properties. Butylene Glycol is a type of alcohol which is something some like to avoid in their skin care products but Butylene Glycol is also generally conceived as the good type of alcohol for skin care purposes due to its moisturizing abilities.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Creates barrier on skin’s surface that decreases moisture loss and in subsequently helps it stay moisturized.
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil: Contains ricinoleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acid) that reduces moisture loss. It also boosts collagen production and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Corn Starch Modified: Has absorbent, film forming, skin conditioning and viscosity controlling properties.
- Cetearyl Isononanoate: Has hydrophobic properties that prevents moisture loss by creating water repellent layer on skin’s surface.
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil: Gives skin soft and smooth appearance. Might have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and pain-relieving properties.
- Ceteareth-20: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- PEG-100 Stearate: Emollient that reduces moisture loss by creating fatty layer on skin’s surface which in effect can give skin softer feel. Also improves texture of the product and has surfacant properties.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract: Has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder: Hydrates and soothes skin, can also be helpful for mild burns. It’s however not well studied so not a lot is known about it.
- Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract: Boost collagen production which makes skin more elastic reducing wrinkles and visible aging process.
- Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract: Has antioxidant properties as well might have skin-soothing effect.M ight minimize appearance of wrinkles.
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil: Can help moisturize skin and reduce inflammation.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Helianthus: Helps to maintain skins natural protective barrier that also helps to retain moisture. It also has antioxidant properties due to containing Vitamin E. Often used for its emollient properties.
- Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: Helps to maintain skins natural protective barrier that also helps to retain moisture. It also has antioxidant properties due to containing Vitamin E. Often used for its emollient properties.
- Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil: Contains linoleic acid (nourishes skin) and linoleic acid (helps skin barrier) as well has moisturizing properties and might have anti-inflammatory properties too.
- Punica Granatum Seed Oil: Contains punic, linoleic and oleic acids (latter two in tiny amounts). It nourishes and moisturizes skin. Punica Granatum Seed Oil also has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Some studies have shown that it can help with regenerating skin’s top layer called epidermis.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract: Helps to maintain skins natural protective barrier that also helps to retain moisture. It also has antioxidant properties due to containing Vitamin E. Often used for its emollient properties.
- Caffeine: Can reduce visible signs of aging by constricting blood vessels, reducing puffiness as well tightening skin (reduces wrinkles) and making it more bright. It also can reduce inflammation.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Infuses skin with collagen-I, II, IV, fibronectin, hyaluronic acid and laminin5 which helps in forming new cells resulting in tighter and firmer skin which can reduce wrinkles and make you look younger.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Boosts collagen production which can reduce wrinkles and fines lines. Ascorbyl Palmitate also might even skin tone and reduce damage caused by free radicals.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Attracts moisture to skins cells.
- Sodium PCA: Replenishes amount of Sodium PCA in your skin which decreases with age. Absorbs moisture from air and allows skin to absorb it. Creates protective barrier. Can reduce eczema symptoms and reduce inflammation.
- Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides: Emulsifier which makes skin softer and smoother.
- Dimethicone: Has skin-smoothing benefits and moisturizing properties.
- Caprylyl Glycol: Humectant that helps retain moisture which makes skin smoother with less wrinkles and softer.
- Tetrasodium EDTA: Has preservative foaming properties.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.
- EDTA: Has preservative and foaming properties.
- Aminomethyl Propanol: Adjusts products pH levels.
- Carbomer: Stabilizes and thickens product.
- Octyldodecanol: Creates protective layer on skin that reduces moisture loss and makes skin softer as well smoother in appearance.
- Glucosamine HCl: Can improve skin hydration, wound healing and decrease wrinkles.
- Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin: Used as chelating agent and stabilizer in skin care products.
- Phenoxyethanol: Preservative with antimicrobial properties (prevents growth of fungi, bacteria and yeast).
- Cyclopentasiloxane: Improves texture of the product, helps infusing other ingredients into skin and reduces moisture loss.
Jack Black Protein Booster Eye Rescue is a bit expensive and usually produces only subtle improvements so it’s questionable if it’s worth the money.