Husqvarna 120 Mark II chainsaw is one of the cheaper models the acclaimed manufacturer makes. It’s fitted with 16-inch bar and features 38 cc X-Torq engine that outputs 1.4 kW (~1.8 horsepower) at 9,000 RPM that allows chain move 22.3 meters per second (73 feet/s) at no-load and maximum RPM.
Being one of the cheapest chainsaws company makes does it stand up to the reputation of the Husqvarna?
For the price and engine size cutting performance is very good. It takes down 12 inches trees easily so lighter duty stuff like limbs, branches, saplings, logs, planks is easy peasy for it.
However Husqvarna 120 Mark II does have Achilles heel – it’s terribly difficult to start to the point some are exhausted by the time they manage to. And if that wasn’t bad enough it tends to struggle to stay running.
It’s a good chainsaw when it works like it’s supposed to but since it often doesn’t using it overall isn’t much of a pleasant experience. Carb adjustment might fix the issues but I can’t guarantee it.
Husqvarna 120 Mark II P02138HV features built-in inertia activated safety break, automatic oiler, air purge and
Fuel tank capacity is 300 cm3 (~10 fl-oz) and oil tank capacity is 200 cm3 (~ 6.7 fl-oz).
Husqvarna 120 Mark II is a little bit heavy for its size but it’s relatively light for a gas chainsaw (which usually are bigger). Overall it’s easy to handle.
As much as Husqvarna 455 Rancher impresses the 120 Mark II model lets down. Cutting performance is great for the price however it does have some significant flaws at least in factory form without carb adjustment.
Husqvarna 120 Mark II P02138HV Chainsaw Details/Specs:
- Minimum recommended bar length: 14 inches
- Maximum recommended bar length: 18 inches
- Cylinder displacement: 38 см³
- Maximum saw chain speed: 22.3 meters per second (73 feet/second)
- Power: 1.8 horsepower @ 9,000 RPM
- Idling speed: 2,800 – 3,200 RPM
- Fuel tank volume: 300 cm3 (~10 fl-oz)
- Oil tank volume: 200 cm3 (~ 6.7 fl-oz)
- Spark plug: Champion RCJ7Y
- Weight: 10.7 lbs (without bar and chain)
- Certifications/Directives/Regulations (Husqvarna 120 Mark II – P02138HV platform dating serial numbers dating starting 2018):