Honest Beauty Deep Hydration eye cream plumps, moisturizes, and hydrates skin around eyes. It’s a cruelty free, Climate Pledge Friendly and EWG Verified (doesn’t contain EWG’s known chemicals of concern) product.
Jessica Alba is one of the co-founders of The Honest Company which is the parent company of Honest Beauty.
Honest Beauty Deep Hydration eye cream works pretty well especially considering it’s not that expensive. It works well for decreasing dark circles and plumping skin. It also provides moisturizing effect for many hours and makes skin feel tighter without feeling greasy.
It’s not perfect though. Unfortunately for some this eye cream causes rash making skin bright red. This is not what most experience but if you are one of those few who do don’t panic as it should go away in few hours. If you do experience this side-effect this eye cream unfortunately isn’t for you.
- Water (Aqua): Moisturizes skin.
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometimes also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Coco-Caprylate/Caprate: Has emollient properties and makes product more soluble.
- Jojoba Esters: Emollient with high oxidative stability.
- Cetyl Alcohol: Emollient and an emulsifier. Helps skins protective barrier.can make skin softer and smooth flakiness. Cetyl Alcohol is fatty alcohol which means it doesn’t irritate or dry out skin.
- Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax: Hardest commercial wax. Prevents products from feeling sticky/greasy as well improves texture to make it easier to apply. It also has hypoallergenic and emollient properties.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Creates barrier on skin’s surface that decreases moisture loss and in subsequently helps it stay moisturized.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters: Used as thickener, stabilizer and emulsifier.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- Undecane: Works as skin conditioner, emollient and emulsifier.
- Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil: Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids and other ingredients. Has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and emollient properties.
- Strelitzia Nicolai Seed Aril Extract: Can brighten and even skin tone reducing dark circles under eyes. Can also reduce puffiness.
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract: Skin conditioner that has anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant properties.
- Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract: Humectant that helps skin retain moisture. It has some antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cellulose Gum: Mostly used as thickener and film-forming agent.
- Tridecane: Emollient (skin moisturizer).
- Tocopherol: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Sodium Phytate: Mostly used for stabilizing products but can also have skin-lightening effect.
- Alcohol: Makes product more easy to spread and absorb quicker. It also has mild preservative properties.
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate: Moisturizer that leaves skin soft and pliable.
- Rosa Canina Fruit Extract: Skin conditioning agent.
- Gluconolactone: Exfoliates and hydrates skin. Has antioxidant properties and might have antimicrobial properties.
- Sodium Benzoate: Mostly used as preservative in products. It can irritate skin in some cases.
- Calcium Gluconate: Moisturizes skin and has skin-soothing, humectant (attracts moisture) and restorative properties.
- Dictyopteris Polypodioides Extract: Has emollient and skin conditioning properties.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: Forms protective barrier on skin that helps retain moisture. Also is used as skin conditioning and viscosity increasing agent.
- Gellan Gum: Stabilizer, suspending agent and emulsifier. It’s unique in a way that its viscosity doesn’t change as temperature does.
- Cetearyl Glucoside: Biodegradable, vegetable derived emulsifier.
- Arachidyl Alcohol: Thickening agent with moisturizing properties.
- Behenyl Alcohol: Reduces moisture loss by creating protective layer on skin.
- Arachidyl Glucoside: Reduces transepidermal water loss making skin more hydrated and softer.
- Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract: Protects skin from free radicals. Has antioxidant properties. Can support skin hydration and slow down visible aging process.
- Potassium Sorbate: Mostly used as preservative, in rare cases can cause skin rash or irritation.
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Makes skin plump and elastic by helping it retain water.
- Xanthan Gum: Used as emulsion/binder stabilizer, viscous controlling agent and film-forming agent.
- Ribose: Building block of the ATP molecule that controls energy restoration. Can reduce wrinkles and make skin firmer, more toning, revitalized and more radiant.
- Allantoin: Soothes and protects skin.
- Sodium Hydroxide: Controls pH value.
- Benzyl Alcohol: Solvent and preservative.
Honest Beauty Deep Hydration is a pretty good and affordable eye cream however some users do experience slight rash from it.