Euhomy IM-01 is a budget priced countertop ice maker machine that produces 26 pounds of ice per 24 hours (which is industry average).
It makes a batch of 9 cylinder shaped ice cubes every 8 minutes on average (but it can take anywhere between 6 to 13 minutes depending on room temperature and ice cube size selected).
You can choose between two ice cube sizes: small and large. Ice quality is good.
Despite being a budget ice maker Euhomy IM-01 feels sturdy and pretty well made.
Euhomy IM-01 operates quietly, only loudish noise it makes is when the ice cubes are dropped in ice bucket.
Interface is as simple as it gets, there are only two buttons (to turn ice machine on/off and to select ice cube size) and 5 indicator lights (indicates whether the ice machine is on, which ice cube size is currently selected (either small or large), whether ice bin is full or if you have to add more water in water reservoir).
Euhomy IM-01 Countertop Ice Maker is not designed to be used outdoors although many consumers have done that without issues. It’s also advised to place it away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Euhomy IM-01 Countertop Ice Maker weighs 17.8 pounds (8.1 kg) and measures 9.53 × 14.09 × 12.91 inches (24.2 × 35.8 × 32.8 cm).
Water tank capacity is 2.2 liters (~74 oz) and ice bucket can hold 1.1 lbs of ice cubes. It comes with ice scoop.
Preparing Euhomy ice machine for first use
- let it sit upright for (at least) 24 hours
- Remove exterior & interior packaging as well tape holding the ice scoop and ice basket.
- Put ice maker on a flat and level surface and let it sit for 1 hour for refrigerant fluid to settle.
- Clean interior with clean, damp cloth.
You should discard first few batches when you use Euhomy ice machine for the first time (or if you haven’t used it for a while).
If manual suggest different routine follow it instead!
How to clean Euhomy ice maker
- Unplug Euhomy ice machine
- Take out ice basket
- Clean interior with diluted detergent (don’t use abrasive cleaners or solvents like gasoline, benzine, thinner etc.), soft cloth and warm water.
- Rinse inside parts with clean water
- Drain the water (drain plug is located on front bottom side)
- Dry interior with clean soft cloth
If user manual suggest different routine follow it instead!
Although uncommon there are some possible issues you might run into while using Euhomy IM-01 countertop ice machine. I will prepare you for them in advance just in case by explaining what causes and how to fix them.
If the ice cubes are sticking together you might be using water that’s too cold (under 40° F or 4.44° C). If that’s not the case the batch cycles are taking too long – to fix this turn off the ice machine and let the ice melt. After it has melted turn on it again, select “small” sized ice cubes and make at least 3 batches before making large ones if you desire to.
If Euhomy ice cube maker doesn’t produce any ice cubes but other than that it seems to be working fine the issue could be that the air temperature is too high (over 105° F or 40.6° C) or water temperature (over 90° F or 32.2° C).
If Euhomy ice machine keeps making ice when ice bucket is full it’s likely caused by direct or reflected sunlight causing infrared sensor to malfunction. In this case it’s recommended to move ice machine to a darker location.
Overall Euhomy is a good budget priced ice maker. It’s pretty basic and doesn’t have any fancy features, but it performs well for the pricing. Ice quality and output is good, noise levels are low and overall quality feels decent.
Euhomy IM-01 Countertop Ice Maker Machine Details:
- Ice output: up to 26 lbs per 24 hours
- Ice cube size options: 2
- Weight: 17.8 pounds (8.1 kg)
- Ice bucket capacity: 1.1 lbs
- Water reservoir capacity: 2.2 liters (~74 oz)
- Dimensions: 9.53″ x 14.09″ x 12.91″
- Package contents:
- 1 x Euhomy portable ice maker
- 1 x Ice scoop
- 1 x Ice basket
- 1 x Quick Setup Guide