EGO Power+ CS1800 (also sold as EGO Power+ CS1804) is 56-Volt battery powered chainsaw that’s equipped with 18” Oregon bar and chain. It has brushless motor that revs up to 11,000 RPM (~67% faster than EGO’s 14 and 16 inch cordless chainsaws) that allows chain to move at 65.6 feet per second (20 meters/s) at no-load.
Cutting performance is excellent for a battery powered chainsaw and it’s up there with the best. It doesn’t cut as fast as a serious gas chainsaw but it has all the power you would need for residential use. It cuts through 12-inch thick hardwoods like oak very well and can handle thicker stuff reasonably well too if necessary.
EGO Power+ CS1800 can be bought as a bare tool or with 5.0Ah battery. It is compatible with all EGO Power+ 56-Volt batteries however.
Battery life as you know depends on many factors like what and how you are cutting. Generally you can expect for 5.0Ah one to last around hour cutting light-to-medium duty stuff.
EGO Power+ CS1800 has auto tensioning system – you can tighten chain by twisting a dial.
You will be glad to see that auto tensioning system is made of metal (cover is made of plastic though). Another thing made of metal is bucking spikes which often tend to be plastic on electric chainsaws.
Of course it also has automatic chain lubrication with transparent 7 fl.oz (200ml) oil tank as well kickback brake with red indicator displayed when engaged. Chain brake works very well and stops chain super quick.
One unusual feature that EGO Power+ CS1800 and CS1804 have is LED light that’s located just above bucking spikes. It has two brightness settings and might be useful to some.
EGO Power+ CS1800 vs EGO Power+ CS1804
So what’s is the difference between EGO Power+ CS1800 and CS1804 since they have different model names?
Well they are literally the same chainsaw. The only difference is that EGO Power+ CS1800 is sold as bare tool whereas EGO Power+ CS1804 comes with 5.0Ah battery. That’s the only difference. One doesn’t come with a battery and the other one does.
─── Related Article: Best Electric Chainsaws (click here to read) ───
Weight depends on what battery you use. The ones with higher capacity are heavier but will last longer on full charge. Without a battery EGO Power+ CS1800 weighs 9.7 lbs (4.4 kg).
- EGO Power+ CS1800/CS1804 weight with 2.5Ah battery: 12.57 lbs / 5.7 kg
- EGO Power+ CS1800/CS1804 weight with 5.0Ah battery: 14.66 lbs / 6.65 kg
- EGO Power+ CS1800/CS1804 weight with 7.5Ah battery: 16.09 lbs / 7.3 kg
- EGO Power+ CS1800/CS1804 weight with 10.0Ah battery: 17.72 lbs / 7.9 kg
As you can see it’s relatively lightweight for a chainsaw with 18-inch bar with the 5.0Ah battery that EGO Power+ CS1804 comes with. It’s also well balanced and therefore easy to use.
EGO Power+ CS1800 & CS1804 are one of the best battery powered chainsaws you can buy today (arguably the best) and definitely the best one’s that come equipped with 18-inch bar from factory.
EGO Power+ CS1800/CS1804 18-Inch 56-Volt Chainsaw Specifications:
- Type: Electric (Cordless/Battery Powered)
- Voltage: 56V
- Motor type: Brushless
- Max. RPM: 11,000
- Chain speed at no-load: 65.6 feet per second (20 m/s)
- Guide Bar Length: 18″ (450 mm)
- Chain Pitch: 3/8″ (9.5 mm)
- Chain Gauge: 0.050″ (1.3 mm)
- Chain Type: 91PX062X
- Guide Bar Type: 180SDEA041
- Chain Oil Tank capacity: 7 fl.oz. (200ml)
- Operating Temperature: 5°F-104°F (-15°C-40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F – 158° F (-20°C – 70°C)
- Without battery: 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kg
- With 2.5Ah battery: 12.57 lbs / 5.7 kg
- With 5.0Ah battery: 14.66 lbs / 6.65 kg
- With 7.5Ah battery: 16.09 lbs / 7.3 kg
- With 10.0Ah battery: 17.72 lbs / 7.9 kg
- Package contents: