ecozy portable countertop ice maker can produce 26 pounds of bullet shaped ice cubes in 24 hours which is about 1.08 lb an hour. It makes a batch of 9 ice cubes every 6 to 10 minutes.
ecozy portable countertop ice maker works pretty well. The ice quality is decent. Ice cubes are a bit soft and not ‘’fully frozen’’ if that makes sense making them chewy. They do melt a bit fast but if you put them in a freezer for a while they will last a lot longer.
The bullet shape with hollow middle provides larger contact area with your drink that regular cube shaped ice. This means they do a better job of keeping your drink cool but also melt faster for the same reason.
ecozy portable countertop ice maker can make ice cubes in two different sizes. The actual difference in dimensions is rather small however the difference in volume is much larger than looks suggest.
The ice basket is not a freezer. This is true for all countertop ice makers in this price class. Essentially already made ice cubes will slowly melt if left untouched and water from melting will go back into water reservoir.
Control panel of ecozy portable countertop ice maker features:
- Two buttons:
- “On/Off” Button: Turns ice maker on/off or enters self-cleaning mode when held for ~5 seconds.
- “Select” Button: Allows you to choose between smaller or larger sized ice cubes.
- Five indicator lights:
- “Add Water”: Indicates that water reservoir is empty. Pour water into it to resume ice production.
- “Ice Full”: Indicates that ice basket is full of ice.
- “S”: Indicates that ‘small’’ ice cube size is selected.
- “L”: Indicates that ‘’large’’ ice cube size is selected.
For the money this is a decent ice maker however is it different that what competition offers? Not really. Nearly all countertop ice makers in this price class are nearly the same with usually only minor differences.
ecozy Portable Countertop Ice Maker Specifications:
- Ice Production Volume: 26lb/24h
- Ice Type: Bullet Shaped
- Ice Cubes per Batch: 9
- Ice Cube Size Options: 2