Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional is a portable induction cooktop with a single burner and 20 temperature settings: from 100°F to 460°F. It’s compatible with cookware with magnetic bottom that’s at least 5 inches in diameter.
Cooking with Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional Portable Induction Cooktop
Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D heats up much faster than electric stovetop. It actually heats up near instantaneous but it’s takes a bit for the cookware to absorb the heat (and water in the pot if you are trying to boil it).
The heating coil is smaller than largest pans you can use with this cooktop. What this means is that outer edges might be less hot. This is normal and applies to seemingly every portable induction cooktop model you can buy. Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D still cooks really well despite this perceived flaw. It’s doesn’t significantly affect the cooking results.
What makes Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional Better than less expensive models?
Duxtop Professional portable induction cooktop is more expensive than some of the other models you can buy so what are the main differences?
- Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D is of higher quality. It feels more substantial and sturdy.
- It has a wider temperature range: less expensive induction cooktops have typically a working temperature range of 140°F to 460°F whereas Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional works from 100°F to 460°F.
- It offers you more precise temperature control. In less expensive models you typically get 8 to 10 different temperature settings which allows you to adjust temperature in 27 to 40 degree increments whereas Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D has 20 allowing you to fine tune temperature in 20 degree increments.
- It has higher weight capacity. You can place 65 pounds on it instead of ~25 pounds on less expensive models. This can be useful if you are boiling large pots of water or making a soup.
- Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D has 10 hour timer whereas on most less expensive models the timer only goes up to 2 hours.
- It has 7 blade fan with vents in the rear providing superior cooling ability greatly reducing the risk of overheating (this model seems to never overheat).
Are those advantages worth the extra price tag? It depends on who you ask! If you plan to use it for years to come then higher quality and more effective cooling system might very well be worth the premium.
Induction vs Electric Cooktop
The main advantages of induction cooktops are that they are capable of nearly instantaneous temperature changes and are more energy efficient.
The main disadvantage is that they only work with cookware that has magnetic bottom like cast iron, iron, magnetic steel or enameled iron (will not work with cookware made of glass, ceramic, copper, aluminum, non-magnetic stainless steel (18/10, 18/8) bottom).
Duxtop Professional portable induction cooktop features a large LCD display and 8 touch sensitive buttons:
- “On/Off“: Turns the unit on or off.
- “Menu“: Switches between Temperature and Power adjustments.
- “–“: Decreases temperature, power or time on timer.
- “+“: Increases temperature, power or time on timer.
- “Keep Warm“: Will maintain 140°F for 30 minutes.
- “Boil“: Will maintain maximum power level (1800W) for 10 minutes.
- “Timer“: Activates timer. You can tap “-” and “+” buttons to adjust time in 1 minute/hour increments or hold for rapid increase/decrease.
- “Lock“: Will lock-out all other buttons except “On/Off”.
Duxtop Professional portable induction cooktop is thicker and heavier than less expensive units due to increased weight capacity and quality.
It weighs 13.8 pounds and measures 12.9 inches in width, 16.5 inches in depth and 4 inches in height.
Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional portable induction cooktop works and cooks well. It’s better made and more versatile than less expensive models however the premium might not be worth for those who don’t plan to use it long-term.
Duxtop P961LS/BT-C35-D Professional Portable Induction Cooktop Specifications:
- Votlage: 120V
- Current: 15 Amp
- Power: 100W to 1800W
- Temperature range: 100°F to 460°F
- Type: Induction
- Minimum Cookware Diameter: 5 inches
- Max. Weight Capacity: 65 lbs
- Cord Length: 5 feet
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 12.9” x 16.5” x 4”
- Weight: 13.8 lbs