On first glance Dirty Hand Tools 103880 snow blower seems to offer great value for money – it has powerful engine and is very feature rich. But is it really as good as it seems to be?
Dirty Hand Tools 103880 snow blower has 302cc engine that’s EPA/CARB approved and steel auger with 3 blade impeller. With clearing width of 30 inches and clearing depth of 20 inches clearing large areas should be simple and quick.
So how well does it clear snow? Just as expected – very well. Snow that’s almost as deep as intake height, which is 20 inches tall, is no issue for the snow blower and it cuts through it like butter.
Manufacturer claims this unit will throw snow up to 40 feet away – in reality it’s more like 15-20 feet.
Dirty Hand Tools 103880 snow blower starts well by pulling but it also has push-button 110V electric start.
This is where Dirty Hand Tools 103880 302cc 30” snow blower starts to fall behind some of the competitors. The build quality is far from perfect and overall craftsmanship is mediocre.
Dirty Hand Tools 302cc 30” snow blower is self propelled. It has 6 forward speeds and 2 backwards.
Instead of using regular tires like most snow blowers Dirty Hand Tools 103880 uses tracks which provides superior grip and traction although it’s not the easiest unit to maneuver (but it’s not terrible or bad in this sense).
Dirty Hand Tools 103880 snow blower has heated hand grips but they put out very little warmth. It also has built-in LED Light so you can use it during dark time of the day.
Chute rotates 190 degrees and can also and adjusted vertically (throw height) conveniently from control panel.
Control panel consists of (from left to right):
- Drive control lever: engages transmission and propels snow blower forward or backwards.
- Chute direction control: rotates chute.
- Chute height control: adjusts (vertical) angle of chute.
- Shift lever: switches between (transmission) speeds.
- Auger control lever: engages/disengages auger.
Dirty Hand Tools 103880 302cc 30” snow blower has a lot of cool features and does a great job of clearing snow but it’s not that well built. Perhaps you should consider similarly priced units like Troy-Bilt 3090 or Ariens 921046 Deluxe 28″ as they might be better alternatives.
Dirty Hand Tools 103880 302cc 30” snow blower details/specs:
- Clearing width: 30 inches
- Intake height: 20 inches
- Stage: Two-Stage
- Engine displacement: 302 cc
- Fuel tank capacity: 1.06 gallons / 4 liters
- Starting system: Recoil (manual pull) start + 110V electric start
- Transmission Type: Friction Disc
- Auger material: Steel
- Dimensions (in inches): 58″ x 32″ x 42″ (L x W x H)
- Weight: 288 pounds