DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream promises to give you radiant looking skin but how well does it really work?
DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream has decent moisturizing effect (not the best though) but it does have pretty good skin brightening benefits, it definitely reduces dark circles under eyes.
Considering the ingredients DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream contains it might also reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles as well improve skin elasticity but don’t be surprised if you don’t notice improvements in these aspects.
DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream could absorb a bit better. Some users have had adverse reaction to this cream but majority didn’t.
DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream is vegan-free, gluten-free but most importantly cruelty-free. It also doesn’t contain any parabens, sulfates or phthalates. It meets IDC Clean Standards.
DEW CARE Glow-Key eye cream contains following ingredients:
- Water: Moisturizes skin.
- Glycerin: Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometimes also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Diisostearyl Malate: Moisturizes skin.
- Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin): Has skin conditioning, viscosity controlling, emollient, viscosity increasing properties.
- 1,2-Hexanediol: Synthetic preservative with moisture-binding humectant properties.
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate: Skin conditioning emollient that also improves texture of the product.
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil: Emollient and softening agent.
- Niacinamide: Soluble form of Vitamin B3. Improves lipid barrier which helps skin stay hydrated. Reduces inflammation which can reduce redness from inflammatory skin conditions like eczema or acne. It also minimizes pore appearance, protects against sun damage, regulates sebaceous gland oil production and minimizes wrinkles.
- Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate: Mostly used to thicken the product (makes easier to apply) but also softens and smoothens skin.
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane: Improves texture of the product and might reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles.
- Myristyl Myristate: Fatty acid works as a moisturizer and stabilizer (helps all ingredients to be evenly distributed). It also improves texture of the product to make it easier to apply.
- PEG-150 Distearate: Emulsifier and thickening agent.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate: Emulsifier.
- Cetearyl Alcohol: Mostly used as emulsifier but has emollient (keeps skin soft and smooth) properties.
- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891): Naturally opaque and bright pigment
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Lauryl Esters: Rich in antioxidants. Also can increase viscosity and emolliency of the product.
- Pentylene Glycol: Stabilizes and thickens products improving texture and making it easier to apply. Might improve penetration of other ingredients into skin.
- Squalane: Emollient with antioxidant properties. Helps skin stay moisturized, softens texture of skin, soothes skin as well might reduce appearance of fine lines, boost collagen production.
- Euphrasia Officinalis Extract: Decreases under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Contains flavonoids, tannins and iridoid glycosides that reduces inflammation and mucous drainage.
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Makes skin plump and elastic by helping it retain water.
- Ascorbic Acid: Antioxidant.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5: Reduces appearance of fine line and boosts collagen production.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Luffa Cylindrica Fruit Extract: Has antioxidant properties.
- Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract: Rich in bioactive antioxidants (contains gallic acid, catechin, chlorogenic acid, rutin, quercetin, tocopherol, beta-carotene and lycopene). Makes skin brighter and/or more even toned.
- Tocopherol: Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Cyanocobalamin: Form of Vitamin B12. Contains antioxidant and might provide anti-aging benefits.
- Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract: Has antioxidant and regenerating properties. It moisturizes skin and can have anti-aging benefits like reducing wrinkles and making skin firmer, boosting collagen production and circulation, making skin brighter and protecting it from sun.
- Hydrogenated Lecithin: Improves texture of the product and has emollient, emulsifier and ingredient absorbtion boosting properties.
- Glyceryl Stearate: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- Mica (CI 77019): Cosmetic colorant.
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer: Thickens, emulsifies, and stabilizes product.
- Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax: Hardest commercial wax. Prevents products from feeling sticky/greasy as well improves texture to make it easier to apply. It also has hypoallergenic and emollient properties.
- Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter: Skin-conditioning agent: moisturizes skin, soothes skin, helps skin’s natural protective barrier, increases viscosity of the product.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Creates barrier on skin’s surface that decreases moisture loss and in subsequently helps it stay moisturized.
- Caprylyl Glycol: Humectant that helps retain moisture which makes skin smoother with less wrinkles and softer.
- Behenic Acid: Fatty acid with lubricant, emollient and soothing properties.
- Silica: Might boost collagen production and infuse skin with elastin slowing down and even reducing visible signs of ageing (like fine lines, wrinkles, etc.) as well improving elasticity of skin, hydration and texture.
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite: Bulking and viscosity increasing agent.
- Stearic Acid: Emulsifier, emollient and lubricant that can also soften skin.
- Behenyl Alcohol: Reduces moisture loss by creating protective layer on skin.
- Stearyl Alcohol: Softens skin and stabilized product.
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables: Skin-conditioning agent. Improves skin’s elasticity, makes it feel smoother and softer.
- Xanthan Gum: Used as emulsion/binder stabilizer, viscous controlling agent and film-forming agent.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.
- Adenosine: Natural component that has skin-smoothing and soothing benefits. It also reduces visible wrinkles.
- Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate: Emulsifier and cleansing agent.
- Myristic Acid: Emulsifier and surfactant.
- Disodium EDTA: Prevents product from deteriorating. In some countries it is banned due to potential to be harmful in excessive amounts however due to its low amount in skin products it’s deemed to be generally safe by The Cosmetic Database.
- Phenoxyethanol: Preservative with antimicrobial properties (prevents growth of fungi, bacteria and yeast).
- Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Flower Extract: Has emollient, antiseptic and anti-acne properties. Might reduce visible aging signs.
- Tin Oxide (CI 77861): Cosmetic colorant.
- Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract: Has emollient, antiseptic and anti-acne properties. Might reduce visible aging signs.
- Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract: Can reduce visible wrinkles and slow down visible aging process of the skin. Has decongestant and antibacterial properties.
- Ocimum Sanctum (Holy Basil) Leaf Extract: Can brighten skin tone as well reduce inflammation and acne.
- Butylene Glycol: Mostly used for improving consistency of the product (makes it smooth and thick) to make it easier to apply. It also has some moisturizing properties. Butylene Glycol is a type of alcohol which is something some like to avoid in their skin care products but Butylene Glycol is also generally conceived as the good type of alcohol for skin care purposes due to its moisturizing abilities.
- Corallina Officinalis Extract: Might regulate skin’s oil production which then might make skin look younger.
- Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract: Studies have shown this ingredients has antioxidant benefits, improves cutaneous microcirculation, has immunomodulatory effect, offers some protection from UVB and has anti-cancirogen properties.
Overall pretty decent product that’s worth to try if you want to reduce dark circles.