DERMA-E Hydrating Eye Cream promises to hydrate your skin and claims to reduce appearance of puffiness and visible signs of aging like wrinkles, but does it work?
Results really vary, some users do notice reduction of puffiness and wrinkles however most don’t. It’s also a mediocre moisturizer and even though it certainly provides some hydration to skin it doesn’t last too long.
Everyone’s skin is different so perhaps you might be on of those for whom this eye cream works really well but for most this isn’t the best product.
On the upside DERMA-E Hydrating Eye Cream is 100% vegan and cruelty free. It doesn’t contain any parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, lanolin, GMO’s or gluten.
DERMA-E Hydrating Eye Cream contains following ingredients:
- Purified Water: Moisturizes skin.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Derived): Creates barrier on skin’s surface that decreases moisture loss and in subsequently helps it stay moisturized.
- Glycerin (Vegetable Derived): Attracts water to skin and helps it to stay smoother and softer. Sometimes also used as bonding agent for makeup.
- Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived): Emulsifier, emollient and lubricant that can also soften skin.
- Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived): Emollient and an emulsifier. Helps skins protective barrier.can make skin softer and smooth flakiness. Cetyl Alcohol is fatty alcohol which means it doesn’t irritate or dry out skin.
- Glyceryl Stearate SE: Emollient that helps create protective barrier on skin’s surface that prevents moisture loss. It can also soften and smoothen skin.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract: Has astringent, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties.
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid; Actimoist® Bio-1): Attracts moisture to skins cells.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): Has antioxidant effects. Some studies have shown reduction of inflammation, reduced chance of developing skin cancer and wrinkles as well improvement of wound healing.
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A): Powerful antioxidant that boosts growth of new skin cells (can reduce visible wrinkles). It can also have moisturising and skin tightening effects.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester): Boosts collagen production which can reduce wrinkles and fines lines. Ascorbyl Palmitate also might even skin tone and reduce damage caused by free radicals.
- Pinus Pinaster (Pycnogenol®) Bark Extract: Powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. Might even have anticarcinogenic properties.
- Panthenol (Provitamin B5): Mostly used for its moisturizing abilities but it also has softening, soothing and anti-irritant properties.
- Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract: Has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel Extract: Moisturizer with anti-inflammatory properties. Can help with wound healing and skin regeneration.
- Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil: Has moisturizing and antibacterial effect. It’s also an antioxidant, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. It helps to control sebum production. Some research shows that it promotes collagen synthesis, helps wounds to heal, minimizes appearance of scars, reduces visible wrinkles as well might help acne and skin drying conditions like eczema.
- Xanthan Gum: Used as emulsion/binder stabilizer, viscous controlling agent and film-forming agent.
- Allantoin: Soothes and protects skin.
- Dimethicone: Improves texture of the product. Might have some skin conditioning benefits.
- Titanium Dioxide: Protects skin for sun (UV light – both UVA and UVB rays).
- Potassium Sorbate: Mostly used as preservative, in rare cases can cause skin rash or irritation.
- Phenoxyethanol: Preservative witSynthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.h antimicrobial properties (prevents growth of fungi, bacteria and yeast).
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic skin-softening agent that also works as preservative that increases effectiveness of other preservatives. It also possesses anti-microbial, deodorizing and hydration boosting properties.
DERMA-E Hydrating Eye Cream is a mediocre product. It certainly is beneficial to your skin but results might be not as good as you might expect.