Cuisinart SM-50 is medium priced stand mixer with 500 watt motor and 5.5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl. Being more expensive than the very cheapest models yet a lot more affordable than high-end units is it a decent stand mixer?
Cuisinart SM-50 feels just as powerful as many more expensive stand mixers. It does indeed do a great job of mixing and whipping. Even very thick and hard doughs is not an issue. When doing some heavy duty mixing the motor can become a bit hot but Cuisinart SM-50 doesn’t show any signs of struggling.
During mixing Cuisinart SM-50 stays put an is relatively quiet for a stand mixer. If you can complain about one thing it’s that attachments don’t cover whole area of bowl which can slightly reduce mixing efficiency.
Cuisinart SM-50 stand mixer feels heavy duty and well made. It has die-cast metal housing which is sturdy. With that being said some of the more expensive models do feel even better made but you can’t complain about quality.
Cuisinart SM-50 comes with chef’s whisk, dough hook and flat mixing paddle. They are dishwasher safe (so it the mixing bowl). You can also buy other attachments separately like pasta roller/cutter, meat grinder and others.
Cuisinart SM-50 stand mixer has tilt-back head design and splash guard with pour spout.
Cuisinart SM-50 stand mixer is available in 12 different colors:
- White Linen (Cuisinart SM-50)
- Onyx Black (Cuisinart SM-50BK)
- Silver Lining (Cuisinart SM-50BC)
- Dove Gray (Cuisinart SM-50GR)
- Coconut Cream (Cuisinart SM-50CRM)
- Agave Green (Cuisinart SM-50G)
- Arctic Blue (Cuisinart SM-50BLU)
- Blushing Coral (Cuisinart SM-50CO)
- Periwinkle Blue (Cuisinart SM-50BL)
- Robbin’s Egg (Cuisinart SM-50TQ)
- Ruby Red (Cuisinart SM-50R)
- Yellow (Cuisinart SM-50Y)
Cuisinart SM-50 is a very solid stand mixer for the money. Some of the more expensive stand mixers that cost 2-3 times are a bit more powerful and feel even better made but if you don’t want to spend a lot of money then Cuisinart SM-50 is a good choice.
Cuisinart SM-50 Specifications:
- Power: 500W
- Bowl capacity: 5.5 quarts
- Speed settings: 12
- Color options:
- White Linen (Model: Cuisinart SM-50)
- Onyx Black (Model: Cuisinart SM-50BK)
- Silver Lining (Model: Cuisinart SM-50BC)
- Dove Gray (Model: Cuisinart SM-50GR)
- Coconut Cream (Model: Cuisinart SM-50CRM)
- Agave Green (Model: Cuisinart SM-50G)
- Arctic Blue (Model: Cuisinart SM-50BLU)
- Blushing Coral (Model: Cuisinart SM-50CO)
- Periwinkle Blue (Model: Cuisinart SM-50BL)
- Robbin’s Egg (Model: Cuisinart SM-50TQ)
- Ruby Red (Model: Cuisinart SM-50R)
- Yellow (Model: Cuisinart SM-50Y)