COSTWAY EP22769BK Countertop Ice Maker (Review)
COSTWAY EP22769BK is a countertop ice maker that can produce up to 26 lbs of ice in 24 hours. It’s rather inexpensive so can it be any good?
COSTWAY EP22769BK ice machine Produces 9 bullet shaped ice cubes per batch. Production of a single batch can take anywhere between 6 to 13 minutes but most of the time it will make on in 8 to 10. It uses corrosion resistant condenser and R134a refrigerant which is the most popular and reliable one when it comes to budget priced ice machines.
So how is the quality of ice cubes? Pretty good but not perfect. They come out slightly wet but they are crunchy, tasty and really chewable.
Ice basket isn’t cooled so once made the ice cubes start to slowly melt. You can put them in freezer but they will freeze together is large blocks which you will have to break apart – not particularly difficult to do so albeit it’s a small inconvenience it’s still unwelcome one. Granted for this price you can expect the same with any other ice maker.
Control panel is very simple and consists only of 2 buttons and 5 indicator lights.
One of the buttons is for turning the unit on/off, the other is for selecting ice cube size setting.
Indicator lights are for:
- “Add water” warning light: lights up when water reservoir lacks water.
- “Ice full” warning light: lights up when ice basket is full with ice cubes.
- “Power” light: lights up when the unit is turned on.
- “S” light: lights up when small ice cube size is selected
- “L” light: lights up when large ice cube size is selected
COSTWAY EP22769BK ice maker gas a water reservoir with capacity of 74 oz. Capacity of ice basket is 1.5 pounds of ice cubes and it fills up in an hour or two.
COSTWAY EP22769BK has transparent window on top of the unit. Unit is made from food grade materials and it ETL certified.
Although most consumers are satisfied with their COSTWAY EP22769BK ice maker, some have complained about it lasting for a relatively short period of time (6-12 months).
Considering the low price it’s not surprising that some units don’t last long, but it’s probably something that you shouldn’t be too concerned about due to warranty and the fact that vast majority of feedback from consumers is positive.
COSTWAY EP22769BK ice maker is 13 inches high, 10 inches wide and 14 inches deep.
Overall COSTWAY EP22769BK is a pretty good ice maker for the budget pricing. If you are looking for a good ice maker machine you might also want to read our Best Portable/Countertop Ice Makers article.
COSTWAY EP22769BK Countertop Ice Maker Specs/Details:
- Type: Freestanding / Portable / Countertop
- Ice output: up to 26.5 lbs per 24 hours
- Ice cubes per batch: 9
- Time per batch: 6-13 minutes
- Ice cube size options: 2
- Ice basket capacity: 1.5 lbs
- Water reservoir capacity: 74 oz / 0.58 gallons / 2.2 liters
- Refrigerant: R134a 2.25oz/0.14
- Voltage/Frequency: 115V/60Hz
- Housing material: Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (thermoplastic polymer)
- Dimensions: 14” x 10” x 13” (D x W x H)
- ETL Certified
- Package contents:
- 1 x COSTWAY EP22769BK ice maker
- 1 x Ice scoop
- 1 x User manual