COSORI CO171-GK is electric kettle with 1500 watt power supply and 1.7 liter maximum capacity (equals approximately 7 US cups). It’s equipped with Strix thermostat.
COSORI CO171-GK has the same power supply and capacity as most modern electric kettles so it heats up water about as fast as most. Getting water to full boil at maximum capacity will generally take 5-7 minutes (depending on water temperature). If you fill the kettle only half way up it will heat up it a lot faster.
The water pours well and tastes/smells pure. Some consumers have reported plastic smell however this can sometimes happen with brand new electric kettles – just try to warm up and then pour out few batches of water and that usually is enough to fix the problem.
There is a silicone ring at the bottom of the kettle that water can touch and there are some plastic parts in the lid too. However silicone ring is allegedly food-grade and the plastic in lid is BPA-free.
COSORI CO171-GK electric kettle is mostly made of borosilicate glass and 304 stainless steel.
COSORI CO171-GK electric kettle has volume markings imprinted on both sides of the glass pot (so they are easily readable whether you are left or right handed).
There are 6 volume markings (which is more than what most electric kettles have so it’s easier to add the amount of water you need): minimum (0.5 liters), 0.75 liters, 1.0 liters, 1.25 liters, 1.5 liters and maximum (1.75 liters).
COSORI CO171-GK electric kettle has auto shut-off and boil-dry protection features as well a beautiful blue LED strip around the base of borosilicate glass pot that illuminates when electric kettle is warming up the water.
COSORI CO171-GK electric kettle has a wide 4.3-inch (11 centimeter) opening that makes it fairly easy to clean inside. Manufacturer recommends following cleaning/descaling procedure:
- Fill the kettle with 1 cup of vinegar or lemon juice and add 2 cups of water.
- Turn on the kettle and allow it to boil the mixture. After the auto-shutoff features kicks in let the mixture sit in the kettle for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours have passed pour everything out and then clean the inside of the kettle with a cloth.
- Rinse the kettle with clean water and then dry it with a soft, clean cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
COSORI CO171-GK is a decent electric kettle however COSORI also sells almost identical model called COSORI GK172-CO which is often sold at slightly lower price.
COSORI Electric Kettle Specifications:
- Power Supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Rated Power: 1500W
- Capacity: 7 cups / 1.7L
- Thermostat: Strix
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.9 x 6.1 x 9.5 inches / 20.1 x 15.5 x 24.1 cm
- Weight: 2.6 lb / 1.2 kg
- UPC: 817915026694 / 817915026700
- Package contents:
- 1 x Electric Glass Kettle
- Borosilicate glass pot: ✓
- Stainless steel housing: ✓
- Different temperature settings: ✘