COSORI CO158-AF is 1700-watt air fryer with 5.8 quart cooking basket that cooks in temperatures ranging from 180 to 400 Fahrenheit. It’s alternative to a more popular CP358-AF model for those who want manual controls, but is CO158-AF just as good?
We have written about other COSORI air fryers in the past and they all have cooked really well and unsurprisingly CO158-AF is no exception. It cooks very well and food turns out delicious being crispy where you want it to be without losing any juices inside. Some air fryers do seem to cook ever so slightly better (a bit more fried on outside and slightly more even cook) but the difference isn’t significant.
5.8 quart cooking basket is large enough to cook for 3-5 persons so it’s large enough for most families in most situations (it’s still too small to cook a whole chicken or frozen pizza).
Quality is good for the most part but there are some issues. Just like with other COSORI air fryers the handle screws might need to be retightened once in a while (you should also make sure they are tightened enough once you receive the air fryer). It’s not a big deal really but there’s another issue which can be major.
The other issue which some consumers (but not all) have complained about is outer basket falling out of inner basket (without pressing release button) which can be dangerous as this can cause hot food to be thrown on you and cause burns. This doesn’t seem to be an issue most experience but enough consumers have complained for it to be concerning. This doesn’t seem to be an issue with other COSORI air fryers.
Controls are basic and intuitive. There are two non-slip dials – one for selecting temperature (180°F to 400°F) and the other one for selecting cooking time (1 to 60 minutes).
Baskets PFOA and BPA free. They are made of aluminum with nonstick coating which doesn’t start to peel off after few weeks of use (this is an issue with some air fryers). They are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
COSORI CO158-AF doesn’t have presets like many other air fryers do (including ones from COSORI) but it does have recommended settings printed on top of it:
- French Fries (380°F for 18-25 minutes).
- Chicken (360-380°F for 16-20 minutes).
- Steak (400°F for 6-10 minutes).
- Seafood (350°F for 6-8 minutes).
- Shrimp (370°F for 6 minutes).
- Root vegetables (400°F for 6-10 minutes).
- Desserts (280-300°F for 30-36 minutes).
- Frozen foods (360°F for 8-12 minutes).
For the most part COSORI CO158-AF is a good air fryer. The fact that you might have to retighten handle screws once in a while is inconvenient but it’s not a big deal. The real issue is that some consumers experienced outer basket with hot food falling out which can then splash on you and burn you. For this reason you should perhaps choose COSORI CP358-AF or other air fryer of similar capacity.
COSORI CO158-AF 5.8-QT Air Fryer Specifications:
- Voltage/Frequency: 120V, 60Hz
- Rated power: 1700W
- Basket capacity: 5.8 quarts (5.5 liters)
- Temperature range: 180°F to 400°F (80°C to 205°C)
- Cooking time range: 1 to 60 min
- Air fryer dimensions (W x D x H): 11.8” x 11.8” x 12.6” (300mm x 300mm x 320mm)
- Inner cooking basket dimensions (W x D x H): 9” x 9” x 9.5” (229mm x 299mm x 241mm)
- Manufacturers description: COSORI ETL Listed Black 5.8QT Large Hot Electric Oil-Free Cooking Oven/Air Fryer With Manual Knob Deluxe Temperature Control, 8 Recommended Quick Settings And Aluminum Nonstick Cooking Baskets.
- Weight: 12.1 lb / 5.5 kg
- Package contents:
- 1 x Original 5.8-Quart Air Fryer
- 1 x Quick Reference Guide
- 1 x Recipe Book
- 1 x User Manual