CellarCool CX4400 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit Review
CellarCool CX4400 wine cooler is designed to cool a room of up to 1000 cu. ft.
You can adjust temperature in range from 50°F to 70°F (10°C to 21°C) and keeps it constant without any issues. It’s set at 55°F from factory.
CellarCool CX4400 can cool down 30°F below the ambient temperature of the room it’s located in although it’s recommended for room temperature to be 20°F above desired wine temperature. So if you want to keep your wine at 55°F recommended temperature room is 75°F and no more than 85°F.
Overall CellarCool CX4400 is well build but you are still left with a feeling that for the pricing it should be a bit better.
CellarCool CX4400 controller features 4 buttons:
- “Up” button – used for menu navigation and increasing temperature by 1 °F. You can also hold it to start defrost mode.
- “Down” button – also used for menu navigation and decreasing temperature by 1 °F.
- “On/Off” button – Hold it for 3 seconds to turn the unit on or off. It also works as “escape” button.
- “Set” button: Probe value and alarm folder
You will also find 4 indicator lights:
- “Snowflake” – indicates that unit is in cooling mode meaning that compressor and fans are running. If the “snowflake” is blinking it means it needs to be cooler but must wait 5 minutes before restarting the compressor and serves as anti-short cycle to equalize pressure in the refrigeration unit prior to starting the compressor.
- “Dripping snowflake” – It means that unit is in defrost mode.
- “Temperature measurement”: shows the temperature inside
- “Alarm” – means that unit has encountered a problem. There are 3 alarm codes:
- E1: Faulty air sensing probe
- AH1: Air probe sense temperature that is 10° above set point. You should wait for wine to reach desires temperature while making sure windows and doors are properly closed to be properly sealed.
- AL1: Air probe sense temperature that is 10° below set point. Make sure that the unit is not in cooling mode and try to increase temperature of room until wine reaches desired temperature.
Installation process is simple and easy.
CellarCool CX4400 wine cellar cooling unit isn’t perfect but it’s pretty good. Whether it’s worth the money and will fit your needs is entirely up to you.
CellarCool CX4400 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit Specs:
- Room Capacity: up to 1,000 cu. ft.
- Temperature cooling range: 50°F to 70°F (10°C to 21°C)
- Dimensions: 14.25″ x 19.75″ x 21.63″ (W x H x D)
- Weight: 81 pounds (~36.7 kg)