Breville BSG600BSS is a panini press with flat bottom and top non-stick plates.
Breville BSG600BSS panini press works very well. It heats up fast and doesn’t crush your sandwiches unless you purposely make them to. Crisps very nicely too. The heat is evenly distributed so everything is evenly brown on the outside.
There are some things you can complain about though:
- Calling Breville BSG600 might be a bit misleading. It has flat plates (instead of ones with ridges) so it doesn’t leave any grill marks. This can be either a good or a bad thing depending on what you prefer.
- The housing can soak some of the heat and get hot so be careful!
Easy of Use
Breville BSG600BSS is very simple to use. It has ‘’On/Off’’ switch and two lights: yellow (”On” light) and green (”Ready” – lights up when Breville BSG600 has finished warming up).
Once the Breville BSG600BSS has heated up and green light lights up you can can insert your sandwiches, paninis, etc. and they will be ready in few minutes.
It must be said that ‘’On/Off’’ switch is located in a place (right side) where you might accidentally turn it on so perhaps you should unplug this panini press when you are not using it.
You can’t take out plates for cleaning them however that’s not really a problem as non-stick surface works well. Everything comes out easily and you can often wipe everything with just a moist/wet cloth in 10 seconds.
Non-stick coating is PFOA-free which is also very important as you don’t want your sandwiches to be infused with harmful chemicals.
Majority of consumer feedback is positive however some consumers reported that their unit lasted only 1-2 years. Considering such reports are a minority most units likely last longer than that however in some cases the lifespan can be a bit short.
Breville BSG600BSS works well however you must keep in might that it has flat plates which is something some might prefer but others might not.
Breville BSG600BSS Panini Press Specifications:
- Power: 1500W
- Capacity: 2 slices
- Plate Design: Flat
- Plate Material: aluminium with PFOA-free titanium infused non stick coating
- Panini Press Materials: Stainless steel with heavy duty diecast arms
- In inches (W x D x H): 12.2’’ x 11.2’’ x 4.7’’
- In centimeters (W x D x H): 31 x 28.5 x 12 cm