Allavino VSWR56-2 (also sold as VSWR56-2SSLN or VSWR56-2SSRN) is a dual zone wine cooler with claimed 56 bottle capacity. How many bottles you can actually fit varies. If you own only standard sized 750mL bottles you might be able to actually fit 56 of them inside if you place them in a specific way but expect to actually fit a bit less. Bottles that are not of standard shape will obviously decrease the overall capacity.
Temperature in upper zone can be adjusted from 41°F to 61°F and in lower zone from 45°F to 64°F. Each features 3 shelves but the lower one is more spacious as you can stack 2 layers of bottles in bottom shelve. Temperature in lower zone has to be set 4 to 12 degrees warmer than in upper zone.
The way Allavino VSWR56-2 performs considering its price is disappointing to say the least. Temperatures fluctuate by up to 9 degrees which is not acceptable. It does keep your beverages cool but when it comes to wine accuracy of temperature is very important.
Quality seems to be nice for the most part, however there are quite a bit of complaints from consumers that their Allavino VSWR56-2 failed after about 1 year of use so long-term reliability might be an issue with this unit. Other than that it does leave good impressions. The shelves are very nice.
Allavino VSWR56-2 is equipped with 2 LCD display (one for each temperature zone) that shows set temperature and 6 buttons:
- “On/Off” button: Turns wine cooler on or off.
- “Up” button: Increases temperature by 1 degree increments in selected temperature zone:
- “Down” button: Decreases temperature by 1 degree increments in selected temperature zone:
- “°C/°F” button: Switches between Celsius and Fahrneheit temperature scales.
- “Light” button: Turns interior light on or off.
- “Select” button: Switches between temperature zones.
There are also 7 indicator lights:
- “°C” indicator light: Illuminates when Celsius temperature scales is selected.
- “°F” indicator light: Illuminates when Fahrenheit temperature scales is selected.
- “Red” indicator light: Illuminates when temperature in specific temperature zone suits red wine.
- “White” indicator light: Illuminates when temperature in specific temperature zone suits white wine.
- “Sparkling” indicator light: Illuminates when temperature in specific temperature zone suits sparkling wine.
- “Upper” indicator light: Illuminates when upper temperature zone has been selected (for adjustments).
- “Lower” indicator light: Illuminates when lower temperature zone has been selected (for adjustments).
Control panel is simple to use and gives off more information than most other wine coolers do.
Allavino VSWR56-2 consumers 344 kWh in a year.
Size and weight
Allavino VSWR56-2 weighs 123.5 pounds and measures 23.4 inches wide by 23.6 inches deep (25.6 inches including handle) by 33.9 inches tall.
Considering temperature fluctuations and consumer complaints about reliability you should look for a different model instead.
Allavino VSWR56-2 VSWR56-2SSLN / VSWR56-2SSRN Wine Refrigerator Specifications:
- Type: Compressor cooled
- Voltage/Frequency: 115V / 60Hz
- Chamber volume: 5.33 cubic foot
- Capacity: up to 56 wine bottles (depends on size and how you stack them)
- Temperature zones: 2
- Upper temperature zone
- Temperature range: 41°F to 61°F
- Lower temperature zone
- Temperature range: 45°F to 64°F
- Yearly energy consumption: 344 kWh
- Maximum ambient (air) temperature: 90°F
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 23.4’’ x 23.6’’ (25.6 including handle) x 33.9’’
- Weight: 123.5 lb / 56 kg