Allavino Alivio Vite YHWR99-2BRN wine cooler holds up to 99 bottles of wine. Keyword here is “up to” as only 99 of small sized ones will fit, if you store larger bottles you won’t be able to store as many.
By the way this model has been succeeded by Allavino YHWR99-2BR20.
Allavino Alivio Vite YHWR99-2BRN is a dual-zone cooler. In the upper zone you can set temperature to be between 41-54°F and in the lower zone: between 54-73°F
It does the good job of cooling your wine and is pretty consistent, however chamber temperature can be influenced by ambient temperature. Fan forced cooling circulates air zone inside the chamber for even temperature distribution.
Ambient air (room) temperature where you locate the unit should be within the range of 55-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Placing it in a room outside this range of temperature might affect performance of the unit.
Allavino Alivio Vite YHWR99-2BRN has a very interesting racking system. Each rack is adjustable in 1.25 inch increments so you can adjust it depending on the diameter of bottles you store.
It has 8 shelves that are made of hardwood and roll out on ball-bearings.
Glass door is argon filled and tinted for UV protection as well double pane for improved thermal thermal insulation. Door also has magnetic gasket for a tight seal.
Inside the chamber there is cool blue LED lights that outputs soft glow inside the chamber with a touch of a button.
It has built-in key lock and comes with two keys. It also comes with two handles: a towel bar styled and curved style so you can install the one you like more.
Control panels consists of:
- Light button: turns on or off blue led lighting in the chamber
- Lock button: Hold for 3 seconds to unlock control panel if you need to make some adjustments – it will beep to confirm you have unlocked it. Control panel automatically locks itself again after 30 seconds.
- Power button: Turns on/off the unit
- Up/Down buttons: adjusts the temperature in 1°C or 1°F increments.
- Indicator lights:
- Run indicator light: indicates when the compressor is running
- Upper chamber display: Indicates temperature in upper chamber
- Lower chamber display: Indicates temperature in lower chamber
To switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature scales press and hold “light” and “up” button at the same time for 3 seconds.
Weight and dimensions
Allavino Alivio Vite YHWR99-2BRN wine cellar weighs 167 pounds. It’s 64.375 inches high, 23.5 inches wide and 21.5 inches deep not including the handle (it’s 23.125″ deep including the handle).
Design and quality
Allavino YHWR99-2BRN is very modern looking yet elegant. It’s sleek and stylish. It also feels well made.
Allavino Alivio Vite YHWR99-2BRN is a bit expensive but as a wine cellar it’s amazing one. It’s not perfect, but then again nothing is. If you are looking for a wine cooler that looks great and performs well then this is one of the units you should consider!
Allavino Alivio Vite Series YHWR99-2BRN 99-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cellar / Refrigerator Specs:
- Capacity: up to 99 bottles
- Temperature range:
- Upper chamber: 41°F to 54°F
- Lower chamber: 54°F to 73°F
- Weight: 167 lbs
- Dimensions (without handle): 64.375″ x 23.5″ x 21.5″ (H x W x D)
- Dimensions (with handle): 64.375″ x 23.5″ x 23.125″ (H x W x D)
- Electrical Requirements: 115 V / 60 Hz